Engineering scholarships are awarded annually, and are based either on academic merit, financial need or both. Financial need is determined by the University and requires the submission of a completed FAFSA form annually. Some scholarships are awarded by the Dean and others by individual departments. Students should check with their department to learn more about these scholarships.
To be considered for a scholarship from the Dean, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Engineering Scholarship Inquiry” in the subject line, and include or attach the following information:
- your full name and address
- your current year at URI (freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior)
- your major(s) and any minors you are pursuing
- your current GPA (check your records in e-Campus for this)
- a brief statement telling us about yourself and explaining how a scholarship will benefit you personally
- a current resume