- Graduate Research Assistant
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pavement Management System.
- Mechanistic Empirical Pavement Design.
- Balanced- Superpave Mix Design.
- Automated Pavement Distress Detection and Classification.
Ph.D. student in Civil and Environmental Engineering, URI, USA, 2017-NOW
- Thesis title: “Evaluation of Maintenance and Rehabilitation Strategies for a Sustainable Pavement”
Summery: Application of “Cold recycled asphalt Mixture” in the Base layer as an environmentally frindly Maintenance and Rehabilitation (M&R) strategy was studied. It was tried to improve the mix design and enhance the mix properties via evaluating performance tests’ results. Finally pavement was modeled by the MEPDG method which is a new method in design and evaluation of pavements. Also, Balanced Mix Design is being applied to improve Cold-Recycled Asphalt Mixture according to the Rhode Island conditions. Also, automated distress detection is a side-project in this PhD program that is ongoing.
- Faramarzi, M., Lee, K. W., Kim, Y., & Kwon, S. (2018). A Case Study on a Cement Treated RAP Containing Asphalt Emulsion and Acryl Polymer. Case Studies in ConstructionMaterials.[ https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cscm.2018.e00211]
- Faramarzi, Masoud, Behnam Golestani, and K. Wayne Lee. “Improving moisture sensitivity and mechanical properties of sulfur extended asphalt mixture by nano-antistripping agent.” Construction and Building Materials 133 (2017): 534-542.[https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2016.12.038]
- G.h.Shafabaksh, M.Faramarzi, M.Sadeghnejad, Use of Surface Free Energy method to evaluate the moisture susceptibility of sulfur extended asphalts modified with antistripping agents, construction and building materials 98 (2015) 456–464. [https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.08.123]
- M.Arabani, M.Faramarzi. “Characterization of CNTs-modified HMA’s mechanical properties.” Construction and Building Materials 83 (2015): 207-215. [https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.03.035]
- M. Faramarzi, M. Arabani, A.K. Haghi, V. Motaghitalab, “Carbon Nanotubes-modified Asphalt Binder: Preparation and Characterization.” International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology” 8.1 (2015): 29. [DOI: 10.6135/ijprt.org.tw/2015.8(1).29]
- M. Faramarzi, A. Masoomi, Fatigue life prediction of Carbon Nanotubes- modified asphalt mixtures. Sixth national symposium of Iran bitumen and asphalt. November 16-19, 2014.(Farsi)
- M. Faramarzi, M. Arabani, A.K. Haghi, V. Motaghitalab, Effect of using carbon nano tubes on thermal and ductility properties of bitumen, 7th National congress on civil engineering, Zahedan- Iran, may 7-8, 2013.
- M. Faramarzi, M. Arabani, A.K. Haghi, V. Motaghitalab, A Study on the Effects of CNT’s on Hot Mix Asphalt Marshal-Parameters , international symposium on advances in science and technology, Bandar Abbas- Iran, march 14-15, 2013.
- Faramarzi, M., Lee, K. W. (October 2017). Determination of Creep Compliance of Asphalt Mixtures with Pneumatic Indirect Tensile Tester, The 30st Rhode Island Transportation Forum, October 26, 2017.
- Faramarzi, M., Lee, K. W. (October 2017). Determination of Dynamic Modulus of Asphalt Mixtures (HMA), The 30st Rhode Island Transportation Forum.
- Faramarzi, M., Lee, K. W. (October 2018). Evaluation of Mechanical Properties of Cement Treated Cold Recycled Asphalt Mixture for MEPDG Design, The 31st Rhode Island Transportation Forum.
- Faramarzi, M., Lee, K. W. (October 2018). Effective Maintenance and Rehabilitation Strategies for Sustainable Pavement Structures, The 31st Rhode Island Transportation Forum, October 26, 2018.
- Faramarzi, M., Lee, K. W., Kim, Y., & Kwon, S. Evaluation of Cold Recycled Asphalt Mixture Treated with Portland Cement for Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure. The 2019 Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists annual meeting
Personal website: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=64OiXIsAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao