The University of Rhode Island College of Engineering is pleased to award $1,000 scholarships to Rhode Island public and private high school students who will study engineering at the University. The scholarships are coordinated by the college’s Minority Student Recruitment and Retention Office.
The deadline to apply is May 16, 2016
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Be accepted to attend the University of Rhode Island in Fall 2016
- Be in good academic standing (2.8 or higher overall high school GPA, converted on a 4.0 scale) at a public or private high school in Rhode Island.
- Be available each semester to participate in University ambassador related activities.
- Participate in professional engineering student organizations such as the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE), or Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
- Be able to attend one fall and one spring professional development workshop or conference.
- Be a full-time student in the College of Engineering or enrolled in Wanting Engineering.
- Maximum of two $1,000 scholarships per high school 1 male and 1 female.