Writing an Abstract
- This document is adopted from A SCRUTINY OF THE ABSTRACT, II by KENNETH K. LANDES of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Writing a Paper
- this document gives basic outline, format, and suggestions for writing reports and scientific papers. it also provides information about using directives, transitional words and phrases, and commas and modifiers.
- another advice from George M. Whitesides at Harvard (local copy)
- ‘how to write a paper’ by Prof. M. F. Ashby at Cambridge (local copy)
- practical writing advice from Andy Ruina at Cornell
- research paper writing and publishing by Michael Derntl at RWTH Aschen
- 20 common grammar mistakes that almost everyone gets wrong
- NLD LaTeX Template for research papers in our lab
- An excellent advice for preparing and presenting a talk by Prof. Bradley T. Vander Zanden
- Lifehacker’s how to create presentations that don’t suck and how can I make my PowerPoint presentations amazing
- NLD Powerpoint and Keynote Presentation Templates
- Presentation Diagrams
Butterick’s excellent book on typography, with focus on print (discusses differences for computer screen versus print typography).